Grampian Transport Library has a large library of transport related books, technical manuals and other material which could provide the missing link in your project, research or interest.
The main sub sections in the library cover:
- Transport books covering cars, motorcycles, trucks, buses, military vehicles, trains and horse drawn vehicles.
- Manufacturer’s workshop manuals, owner’s handbooks and parts catalogues for a wide range of private and commercial vehicles. Also a large collection Haynes workshop manuals.
- A very large collection of point of sale material (the brochures you get in a car showroom). Click here to see a list of the pieces within our collection. These can be seen by application to the museum curator, Mike Ward.
- A number of very sharp professional publicity photos of a range of cars and commercial vehicles, which were originally part of the press releases for new models.
- A collection of Glass’s Guide to Car Values and Glass’s Index of Suffix Marks/Registration Numbers 1936 –1985 which help you track the history of a car.
- A large collection of motoring magazines such as Autocar, Motor, Motor Sport, MotorCycle and many other titles, going back to the 1950’s and even pre-war in some cases.
- A complete collection of bound copies of The Railway Magazine 1897 – 1957, the definitive monthly finger on the pulse of the rail scene.
- The Great North of Scotland Railway collection of locomotive plans which have been scanned by the GNSR Association. As these are not owned by Grampian Transport Museum application for copies can be made to the GNSRA via their website www.gnsra.org.uk
Our library and archives can only be accessed by special request, which is preferable before the date of your visit. The GTM works hard to ensure the fullest possible public access to our collections.
If there is anything mentioned above which you particularly want to see please enquire at the front desk or contact the Curator, Mike Ward, by email Click Here