Whilst we sympathise with our friends in Aberdeen who won't be able to visit us during the recent local outbreak of CV-19 the museum remains open for visitors from all other areas.
New Booking System
As we emerge from lockdown we are delighted to announce that the museum opened for visitors on 23rd July. We plan to open initially from 10 am to 5 pm on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. Please be aware that the museum may close early if the later admission time slots are not booked up to save staff time and money during the COVID 19 crisis. We have taken all measures possible to make a visit safe and have actioned all Government guidelines to this end.
One important change to control numbers and remove the need to handle cash and tickets is a move to online ticket sales, administered by See Tickets. To visit, therefore, a booking must be made in advance. Please use the link below to book your visit and arrival time.
A SAFE & ENJOYABLE VISIT IS OUR OBJECTIVE
We have introduced the following measures to reduce risks during the pandemic and to keep everyone safe:
- A warm welcome but from a safe distance
- Reduced visitor numbers
- Plenty of hand sanitising stations at key locations
- Reception screens and contactless payments in the tea room and shop
- Use of PPE as appropriate
- Clear Covid-19 signage and information throughout the floor plan
- Controlled access to toilet facilities (no sharing outwith your household group)
- One hourly touch point cleaning regime
- Quizzes and extra information downloadable onto your smartphone
- Controlled table availability in the Travellers Rest Tea Room ensuring thoroughly cleaned tables before you are seated
- No access to climb aboard vehicles, play area or Junior Driving School as associated risks are too high
Please also help us by:
- Following the booking procedure
- Bringing no cash, just your contactless card
- Bringing your phone for quizzes
- Following our clear signage
- Observing social distancing
- Avoiding touching anything where possible
- Using hand sanitising stations to keep your hands clean;
- Wearing a face mask
- Not visiting if you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19, or have been in contact with someone with Covid-19
- Working with us to make the most of this difficult time!
Thank you for checking us out and helping us to move forwards to a new normal!