Coachbuilders, Shinnie of Aberdeen, built this tramcar in the late 19th Century. It is the only vehicle not to have been burned on Aberdeen’s Beach Boulevard when the tramways closed in 1958.
The tram is one of thirteen horse cars that passed from the Aberdeen District Tramways to the Corporation and was converted to electric traction between 1900 and 1902.
Its new 'electric' number was 33 and later in 1903 became number 57. By 1922 it was withdrawn for use as a saltcar and renumbered 22.
In 1924 the tram was converted back to horse drawn and given the number 1 for participation in the Aberdeen Tramways Jubilee celebrations. Thereafter it was used for ceremonial occasions including the 1937 Coronation Parade.